Chair: Clara Shek (Australia)
Aims and Objectives
- To create a space where members with an interest in imaging can interact
- To exchange tips and tricks, technical information and new ideas
- To discuss clinical indications and research applications of imaging techniques
- To provide enhanced opportunities for research collaboration
- To advise IUGA on educational matters involving imaging, including website and meeting content
- To assist IUGA in efforts to standardize performance and evaluation of imaging examinations
- To advance imaging in urogynecological practice.
This document has been produced by the Pelvic Floor Imaging SIG to provide instruction for the acquisition of ultrasound images and 3D/4D data sets obtained by translabial imaging, which is currently the most widely used method for pelvic floor imaging. It is recognized that some practitioners use transvaginal and endo-anal techniques, to which this text does not apply.