We are currently accepting IUGA Observership Grant applications. The submission deadline is 11:59pm CDT on September 6, 2019.
IUGA offers educational observership grants in order to offset the costs of visiting an approved host site which has proven expertise in a specific area related to urogynecology, selected by the applicant. Recipients spend 2-4 weeks at the host site, as mutually agreed upon by the recipient and host site.
The purpose of the observership grant program is to defray travel and living expenses during the observership. No additional funding will be available through IUGA; any additional necessary funding must be obtained by the applicant or the applicant’s home institution. The applicant is responsible for all healthcare costs and/or any other costs above and beyond the recipient’s observership grant funds. The recipients will receive the funding prior to starting the observership, once all requirements are met.
All observerships must take place at an IUGA-approved host site (see Host Site Directory). If the intended host site is not on the approved list of IUGA host sites, the intended host site may submit an application.
IUGA offers three Observership Grants. Applicants must specify in their application which grant they are applying for:
- USD 4,000 for a trainee, fellow, or physician-in-training
- USD 4,000 for a consultant from a Least Developed Country (which includes low and lower middle income countries as defined by the World Bank)
- USD 2,000 for any IUGA member
Applicant must be an IUGA member in good standing
- Observership Guidelines and Instructions
- Observership Application
- Host Site Application Form
- Host Site Agreement Form
- Host Site Directory
Required Application Documents:
- Observership Application (download form here)
- A short written account of the reasons for and benefits of the intended visit (500 words or less)
- Area of interest selected and publications or other work in the specified area
- The name and institution of the host site you wish to visit and their particular expertise
- Planned duration of observership
- The estimated cost of travel and subsistence, together with details of any other financial assistance being obtained or requested
- Two letters of reference
- Signed Host Agreement Form - Confirmation of acceptance from the specified host site via a letter (on institution letterhead) or a formal email from the host
- A brief CV with related qualifications
- Submit a Final Report of their observership experience to the IUGA Office within 60 days of the completion of the observership. Final Reports may be published on the IUGA website and/or in the IUGA Newsletter.
- Provide a full itemized account of use of the funds awarded by IUGA, including receipts, where appropriate.
PAST IUGA OBSERVERSHIP GRANT RECIPEINTS
- Fatimat Motunrayo Akinlusi (Nigeria) hosted by Ranee Thakar and Abdul Sultan (United Kingdom)
- Merry Gong (Canada) hosted by Ranee Thakar and Abdul Sultan (United Kingdom)
- Hedwig Neels (Belgium) hosted by Hans Peter Dietz (Australia)
- Yunwei Zhao (Canada) hosted by Ranee Thakar and Abdul Sultan (United Kingdom) - View Report
- Zelalem Mengistu (Ethiopia) hosted by Hans Peter Dietz (Australia) - View Report
- Nirmala Amber Paplkar (India) hosted by Ranee Thakar and Abdul Sultan (United Kingdom) - View Report
- Kelvin Mbuga Kinuthia (Kenya) hosted by Anna Rosamilia (Australia) - View Report
- Anthony Wanjala Nakhisa (Ethiopia) hosted by Stephen Jeffery (South Africa) - View Report
- Ayana Birthanu Abera (Ethiopia) hosted by Gil Levy (Israel) - View Report
- Krzysztof Galczynski (Poland) hosted by G. Willy Davila (United States)
- Suneetha Rachaneni (United Kingdom) hosted by Hans Peter Dietz (Australia) - View Report
- Francis Githae Muriithi (Kenya) hosted by Peter Dwyer (Australia) - View Report
- Luiz Gustavo Brito (Brazil) hosted by Michel Cosson (France) - View Report
- Anna Pilzek (United States) hosted by Hans Peter Dietz (Australia) - View Report
- Sharifah Z Syed Abdul Jalil (United Kingdom) hosted by Hans Peter Dietz (Australia) - View Report
- Valeria Montuoso (Argentina) hosted by G. Willy Davila (United States) - View Report
- Mohan Regmi (Nepal) hosted by Stephen Jeffery (South Africa) - View Report
- Rachid El Haddad (Czech Republic) hosted by Ranee Thakar and Abdul Sultan (United Kingdom) - View Report
- Petr Hubka (Czech Republic) hosted by John DeLancey (United States) - View Report