Following the two IUGA International Symposia that were held in 2019 and 2021, we are excited to announce the IUGA International Symposium on Birth and Beyond: Management, Assessment, and Prevention of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction which will be held virtually on March 12-13, 2022.
Working closely with our Nursing & Midwifery and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Special Interest Groups and with your feedback from the previous meetings, we have developed a fantastic program filled with up to date, evidence-based information about pelvic floor dysfunction, birth trauma, nursing and physiotherapy management, and the role of the multidisciplinary team. Over two days, as attendees you can learn from the experts in the field during plenary sessions, lectures, roundtable and panel discussions and debates, and you can participate in live workshops.
This symposium is targeted to physiotherapists, midwives, nurses, and other allied health professionals who play a crucial role in the treatment of pelvic floor disorders but all members of the multidisciplinary team are welcome. Working together is the only way we will provide optimal care for our patients. Join us in recognizing and breaking the barriers!
The aims of this symposium are :
- To learn about the anatomy and pathophysiology of pelvic floor dysfunction.
- To develop a sound understanding of the mechanism of pelvic floor injury together with preventative strategies to reduce the incidence of pelvic floor dysfunction secondary to childbirth.
- To explore the physical, psychosocial and psychosexual consequences of pelvic floor dysfunction secondary to childbirth and how they can be managed.
- To consider the complexities and challenges in the assessment and management of pelvic pain
- To consider clinical scenarios through case based discussion
With best regards,
Angie Rantell, Chair of the Program Committee