IUGA is pleased to inform you of the opportunity to participate in the Urogynecology Fellowship Program of the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons (GCPS) through the Foundation for International Urogynecological Assistance.
This GCPS sub-specialty fellowship is the first formal Urogynecology Female Pelvic Medicine training program in Africa. Founded by Professor Anyatei Lassey the faculty launched the program, based on Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (RCOG) guidelines, in 2011 with charter fellow Gabriel Ganyaglo, MD. The program now has three fellows between the two academic sites in Accra (Korle Bu Teaching Hospital) and Kumasi (Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital). IUGA participation in 2013 has catalyzed the fellowship curriculum implementation and clinical skills acquisition set forth in the GCPS fellowship objectives.
The Ghana Project is registering IUGA members for participation in the project by
- Charitable financial or equipment/supplies/textbook donation
- On site program development in Ghana of 2 weeks duration, including clinical work with the fellows in Accra, Kumasi, and regional outreach centers.
On site Clinical Teaching eligibility:
- IUGA members from industrialized nations with significant FPMRS experience working in developing nations at the trainer level
- IUGA members from developing nations currently active as full time FPMRS academic faculty
On site participant responsibilities:
- Two mandatory curriculum lectures
- Administrative evaluation of program & curriculum implementation
- Clinical outpatient teaching & inpatient rounds with operating theater cases selected to meet the current needs of the fellows skill set requirements
- Report to IUGA upon completion of the 2 week trip
Registrations are reviewed by the IUGA Ghana Committee within 2 weeks of submission.
Approved registrants are notified by email along with the credentialing and visa documentation needed to finalize participation.
We look forward to our ongoing 2014-5 collaboration with our visionary colleagues at The Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons!
Co-Chair, Ghana Project IUGA