The PISQ-IR is a validated evaluation tool which can be used clinically as well as in research for assessment of female sexual function (FSF), in women with female pelvic floor disorders. The PISQ-IR is the result of an IUGA panel, made up of recognized experts with clinical and academic experience in the areas of female sexual function, urogynecology, and outcomes research, to re-evaluate the PISQ. The goals of the re-evaluation panel were to address deficits in the PISQ by refining the measurement properties of the questionnaire, enhancing the ability to assess outcomes in women who are not sexually active and in women with anal incontinence, and developing an instrument for international use.
A single-score version of the PISQ-IR has also been validated. Please note the single-score version is not currently available for translation.
- Constantine ML, Pauls RN, Rogers RR, Rockwood TH. Validation of a single summary score for the Prolapse/Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire – IUGA revised (PISQ-IR). IUJ. 2017;28(12):1901-1907.
Translation and validation of the PISQ-IR has been done in the following languages:
- Al-Badr A, Al-Juraifani R, Al-Sheikh G, et al. Validation of the International Urogynecology Association’s Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Urinary Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire in Arabic. IUJ. 2017;28(3):437-445.
- El-Azab AS, Ghoneim G, Leu S, Nguyen DV. Arabic validation of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire, IUGA-Revised (PISQ-IR). IUJ. 2015;26(8):1229-1237.
- Wang H, Lau H, Hung M, et al. Validation of a Mandarin Chinese version of the pelvic organ prolapse/urinary incontinence sexual questionnaire IUGA-revised (PISQ-IR). IUJ. 2015;26(11):1695-1700.
- Rušavý Z, Nečesalová P, Rinnová E, Smažinka M, Havíř M, Kališ V. Czech linguistic validation of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Urinary Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire - IURA revised. Ceska Gynekologie. 2017;8(2):129-138.
- Fatton B, Hermieu JF, Cour F, Wagner L, Jacquetin B, de Tayrac R. French language validation of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Urinary Incontinence Sexual Questinnaire - IUGA revised (PISQ-IR). Progrès en Urologie. 2013;23(17):1464-1473.
- Trutnovsky G, Nagele E, Ulrich D, et al. German translation and validation of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire – IUGA revised (PISQ-IR). IUJ. 2016;27(8):1235-1244.
- Farkas B, Tiringer I, Farkas N, et al. Hungarian language validation of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire, IUGA-Revised (PISQ-IR). IUJ. 2016;27(12):1831-1836.
- Tomoe H, Inoue M, Kimoto Y, Nagao K, Homma Y, Takahashi S, Kobayashi M, Ikeda S. Linguistic validation of Japanese version of Prolapse/Urinary Incotinence Sexual Questionnaire, IUGA-Revised (PISQ-IR). Japanese Journal of Urology. 2014;105(3):102-111.
- Grzybowska ME, Piaskowska-Cala J, Wydra DG. Polish translation and validation of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Urinary Incontinence Sexual Questinnaire, IUGA-Revised (PISQ-IR). IUJ. First online December 29, 2017.
- Mestre M, Lleberia J, Pubill J, Espuna-Pons, M. Spanish version of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Urinary Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire IUGA-Revised (PISQ-IR): Transcultural validation. IUJ. 2017;28(12):1865-1873.
IUGA is soliciting members to translate the PISQ-IR in other languages. Once completed, IUGA will endorse translations, which follow the official protocol. Validated translations will be posted and available for use on the IUGA website. Investigators are also strongly encouraged to submit their translation/validation research for publication in the International Urogynecology Journal.
- Rogers RG, Espuna Pons ME. The pelvic organ prolapse incontinence sexual questionnaire, IUGA-revised (PISSQ-IR). IUJ. 2013;24(7):1063-1064.
- Rockwood TH, Constantine ML, Adegoke O, Rogers RG, et al. The PISQ-IR: considerations in scale scoring and development. IUJ. 2013;24(7):1105-1122.