IUGA Video Competition for Fellows, Trainees, Early Career Professionals and Medical Students
This is an exciting opportunity for fellows, trainees, early career professionals and medical students to submit well-edited educational videos to win a prize. Winning a prize is an excellent way of developing your CV and showcasing your work. IUGA membership is not a requirement to enter.
There will be two categories of submissions, each with a first and second prize.
First Prize: Certificate and 2 years free membership in IUGA
Second Prize: Certificate and 1 year free membership in IUGA.
- Fellow, trainee, early career professional (within 5 years of completing training)- Videos will be scored based on surgical skill, educational value, editing skill and summary provided. Examples of types of video to be considered: demonstration of simple tips and tricks, complications and their management, challenging or rare cases, demonstrating new surgical techniques. Winning videos will be considered for inclusion on the IUGA Academy.
- Medical students- Videos will be scored based on educational value, editing skill and summary provided. Examples of types of video to be considered: any educational video (see medical student page of the IUGA website for examples).
Winning videos will be included on the IUGA medical student website.
- Please fill out the appropriate submission form.
- After completing the submission form, please transfer your video using iuga.wetransfer.com.
To be considered, all videos must be:
- Received no later than 11:59PM CDT on August 1, 2021.
- Accompanied by the respective submission form (see above)
- Completely anonymized, both for the surgeon and the patient
- Less than 6 minutes long
- Less than 2GB in size
- In mp4 format
Winners’ names and their videos will be published on the IUGA website as detailed above by mid-September and publicized via the IUGA network. The length of time videos will remain on the website may vary. Some of the unsuccessful videos may also be published on the video library at the committee’s discretion.
While submission of multiple videos by the same person is permitted, separate application forms need to be filled in for each submitted video.
Submission deadline: 11:59PM CDT on August 1, 2021