We are currently seeking three volunteers to serve on a Writing Group to develop a consensus statement on Management of Mesh-related Complications for the FPMRS Specialist. This will be a joint publication with AUGS. The goal of this position statement is to draw on the common findings of recently published reviews and guidelines to develop a framework for FPMRS providers. It will address the importance of patient-centered care and shared-decision making, the process for identifying and diagnosing surgical complications related to mesh, and the clinical services, including multi-disciplinary assessment when appropriate that are required for centers treating mesh complications. It will also provide an evidence-based algorithm to inform clinical decisions in treating mesh complications and identify evidence gaps.
We are seeking 3 members with the following expertise and/or skillset (note, not all are required):
- Clinical expertise with the management of mesh-related complications
- Knowledge and understanding of the scientific literature regarding the management of mesh-related complications
- Prior experience reviewing scientific literature and writing technical reports, reviews, or other scientific papers
- Commitment to teamwork, responsiveness, and dedication to complete assignments
The deadline for applications is Thursday, January 31 at 11:59pm Central Standard Time (CST). To apply, please follow these two steps:
2) Complete the online COI form available by clicking here.