International Urogynecology Journal Editor Position
The International Urogynecology Journal (IUJ) is the official journal of the International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) and is currently accepting applications for an Editor position. The Editor will join a current team of two Editors-in-Chief, eight Editors, a Fellow’s Editor, and a Social Media Editor and will be responsible for managing peer review of journal submissions and making editorial decisions, using the Editorial Manager online submission platform.
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Prior experience with the peer review process, research, and publications.
- A strong academic and clinical background.
- International academic connections and ability to add to the geographic diversity of the journal.
- Ability to work effectively with the Editors-in-Chief, Editorial Board Members, Reviewers, and Authors.
- Prior editorial experience.
- Active IUGA membership, or willingness to join IUGA.
We encourage both self-nominations and recommendations for this position. The Editor will be offered a fixed term of 5 years (renewable for no more than one term) and will receive complimentary registration and travel support to the IUGA Annual Meeting. The Editor is expected to attend an annual Editors’ Meeting at the IUGA Annual Meeting and a biennial publisher’s meeting in New York City in person, and to participate in quarterly editor teleconferences.
Interested candidates should provide the following:
- Your CV.
- A cover letter explaining: a) your relevant experience, b) ideas you have to improve the journal, and c) how you envision this position aligning with your academic goals.
- The names of one to two references.