Join us in our mission to improve Surgical Treatment of the Patient with Pelvic Organ Prolapse and related patient care in urogynecology by participating in the IUGA International Urogynecological Consultation (IUC).
We are looking for committee members to contribute to the IUC, which will produce papers to be published in the IUJ covering definitions, treatment options and evaluation of patients who suffer from Pelvic Organ Prolapse.
The fourth chapter of the IUC is focused on Surgical Treatment of the Patient with Pelvic Organ Prolapse and will be covered by five committees:
- Definition of Outcomes for POP Surgery (success, failure, improvement, complications, PRO, QOL, etc.)
- Resolution of Associated Pelvic Floor Symptoms with Surgical Correction of POP (pain, GI, GU and sexual function).
- Management of Complications of POP Surgery (both mesh and native tissue repairs)
- Financial Costs of POP Surgery
- New Proposed Treatments for POP (tissue engineering, stem cell, laser etc)
Committee members will serve a three-year term and will be chosen by the Chair of the respective committee with input from the IUC Steering Committee. Please click here for Terms of Reference.
For more information on the IUC and the role of committee members, a timeline summary, a detailed description of each of the committees, and information on how to apply, please click here. The deadline for applications is September 30, 2021.